Saturday, June 1, 2013

Design.Y leather journal

Design.Y "EP Record" leather journal

Today I'd like to show you some details of my rather new leather journal made by Design.Y - near mint in Japan. It's their newest model in A5 size, called the "EP record" (though sadly there's no record included! I would have been interested in the sound).

In my opinion the details are what makes this notebooks truly special, but I'm planning to show some larger scale pictures, size comparisons etc. as well.


Design.Y "EP Record" leather journal

The cover which is thin but stiff is made of finely grained veg-tanned goatskin with a beautiful smell. It's available in black and brown, I chose a matching cream colored ribbon.

The paper doesn't have a smooth edge like in their smaller journals but has a hand stitched feel to it.

Design.Y "EP Record" leather journal

At the back side of the journal their logo is embossed into the leather. To me it looks like a person doing this: \o/

Design.Y "EP Record" leather journal

I don't like thin journals so this one is just right for me. Filled with 480 (!) pages of creamy white and super thin but still immensely fountain pen friendly Tomoe River paper this provides enough room for noting a lot of thoughts, writing about many months of your life, making a very long journey or writing a novel - maybe even two.

2 comments:

  1. Bumping into these pictures and reading your post quite inspired me in to ordering a couple of EP Record notebooks today– now looking forward to receiving them. I had not previously heard of these notebooks; thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite happy to receive the notebooks today (smells and feels like quality), but I have yet to start writing in one.

    ReplyDelete